Sunday, March 15, 2009

Attached to Abu

Yes, I realize that I owe this blog and the readers (if any) an apology:( huhu..sorry..I am so sorry..

I could spend another 5 to 10 minutes apologizing and another 5-10 lines giving more and more excuses for why I delayed the updates to this blog.. but tonight, I refuse to..:p Let's just go straight to the main issue, shall we?

Now, this is Abu:




I had written about him in this blog once.
Well, he is actually a very very big male cat who is enjoying every moment of his life, ignores what other "mortal beings" think of him and doesn't care much about the ticks or scratches on his body. From what I heard, he is nearly 8 eight years old! Yes, he is one old cat indeed...but he still looks young and energetic though;p

Abu usually comes to my room, meowing as loud as he can in front of my door and beg for cat food..more and more cat food. Truthfully speaking, I will usually give him the cat food as fast as I can just so that he could stop meowing.. His meowing is awfully loud that the whole block could hear him and this makes me feel a little bit afraid. I am afraid that my neighbor might feel disturbed about it and one of them might come knocking on my door AGAIN giving me more "long speeches" about how "insane" I am for giving food to stray cats, and how they are much "humane" than I am and ah! yada yada! So oklah, kesian dan tak nak kena leter dengan jiran adalah faktor awal mengapa saya bagi Abu makanan.

But then, eventually, looking at Abu's sympathetic face and watching the adorable side of Abu makes me grew more and more attached to him. Everytime he asks me for food, he will make this one very very sympathetic-cute-adorable face that will make me definitely melt;p I will not have the heart to be mad or angry at him..even when sometimes I have to stop doing my work just so that I could attend his hunger for more and more cat food;p Dan yang paling buruk ialah minggu lepas, saya telah diserang gatal-gatal allergy selepas setiap kali saya pakai kasut-kasut canvas saya. Rupanya Abu yang comot itu suka tidur atas kasut-kasut tu. Saya terpaksa merendam kaki saya denga Dettol dan air panas dan membasuh kesemua kasut-kasut saya dengan air Dettol:p Merungut jugaklah, tapi tak lah marah sangat;p

This proves that I am getting fonder of him.
"Abu oh Abu..I am now so used to your three-times-a day-meowing in front of my door.";p

However, within these few days, I notice that his visits to my room has become lesser and lesser. And I believe, this has got to do with the injury that he's having.

He was involved in a cat fight and his sort of left lower cheek got injured. At first, there was a small hole. Then the hole got a little bit bigger and there were maggots in it (wanna hear something very sick? saya geram gile tengok maggots tu, saya cucuk-cucuk dengan kunci kereta;p wakakaka!).

p/s: Did you know that having maggots in wounds is actually nature's way of healing? Yes, it is. These maggots will eat up all the rotten parts of the wound or flesh and later the wound will be a bit "cleaner". I have heard once, that orang kampung dolu-dolu used to use such method to heal wounds. They will simply expose their wounds to maggots. Wuhhuu!:p

Okay, now back to Abu. I am starting to feel worried of him. So, I tried to apply some antiseptic i.e Dettol on his wound. Well, truthfully speaking, I didn't actually "apply" the Dettol, I "shoot" it to the wound by using a syringe (thanx to Amny:). It was hard cause Abu didn't like it at all. He has started to freak out when ever he sees me or smells the Dettol. Nevertheless, I managed to shoot it several times into his wound. With the help of the maggots;p and the Dettol, I was hoping that the wound would be better.

This evening, I saw him sleeping downstairs. And he didn't look as lively as before. He didn't come to my room, upstairs, at level 3, today. So, I went down to check on him. I brought along a minyak gamat with the hope that this time, the wound had started to dry up a bit and this time, I could really apply the minyak gamat using my own hands.

Oh BUT to my surprise, the wound is getting deeper...I mean deeper into his flesh. I mean really really deep.. And I could still saw several maggots (not as much as before) in the wounds. Oh poor Abu... I tried to put the minyak gamat, but I guess, he dislikes the smell so much that he ran away. He didn't even finish up the cat food that I gave him.. Oh poor Abu... how can I help him... I cannot bring him to the clinnic cause one, I don't have the small cage, second, he is not used to it, third, I am now very allergic to him and fourth, I am sure he won't like the idea..

Guess I have grown more attached to him...
I pray and I hope that he is going to be okay...
Oh poor Abu...

2 comments:

Zetty said...

We should have taken the photo of you chasing Abu around with the syringe in the middle of that night.

I know, now that you mentioned about maggots being nature's answer to healing wounds, it reminds me about how older people believe in using leeches to expel toxic blood. More like 'bekam', but with action :P

Kesian Abu. I hope he's feeling much better now, and no longer sulking.

Fasyu said...

leeches..yesza!;p

huhu..tulah..i'm very worried of him..but the thing is, he has become very suspicious of me. kalo i bg die mkn, i br mcm tunduk sikit je nk tgk luke die, die dh nk lari..die dh x pecaye dh kt i..huhu

susah betol makhluk bulu2 penuh kutu dan pipi luka berlubang itu;p

Share This:

More Cat Stories Here: